- This event has passed.
2018 WSOP – Colossus
GUARANTEED $1 Million to First Place
Saturday, June 2, 2018 – 10AM (Flight A); 5PM (Flight B)
Sunday, June 3, 2018 – 10AM (Flight C); 5PM (Flight D)
Monday, June 4, 2018 – 10AM (Flight E); 5PM (Flight F)
The Colossus is back for the fourth time and is the featured event of the opening weekend at the 49th Annual World Series of Poker. Colossus is a $565 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em tournament with two starting flights each day (10am & 5pm) on Saturday, June 2, Sunday, June 3 and Monday, June 4. The format will include re-entry, allowing players to enter if they fail to advance initially. You may only register for one flight in advance. It is single re-entry per flight, so if you are eliminated before the open registration period has ended, you may re-enter that same flight, or any of the remaining available flights.
Created in 2015, the inaugural Colossus event saw an incredible 22,374 entries, shattering the record for largest live poker tournament ever held. In the three years offered, the event has drawn over 62,000 entrants with an average prize pool of $10,340,000!
The Champion of Colossus will return home with a guaranteed $1,000,000 and a coveted WSOP gold bracelet.
For the third consecutive year, each starting flight will play into the money. This will not only ease congestion, but also allow a player to potentially cash multiple times in the event if they choose to enter more than one flight. (To see specifics on payouts, see section below “Payout Details”)
- By paying out 15% of field, players will reach the money on Day 1
- Day 2 of the tournament will begin on Tuesday, June 5
- Day 3 of the tournament will begin on Wednesday, June 6
- Day 4 of the tournament will begin on Thursday, June 7
- Players may forfeit their current chip stack at the end of a flight prior to bagging if they so choose, for the opportunity to re-enter another flight. But once that decision has been made, there is no rescinding.
- Players may not enter another flight once they have survived a flight with chips and haven’t forfeited them.